Welcome to the AARGH! TRUMP’S BEEN ELECTED- WE’RE DOOMED! blog
Democrats’ greatest fear has just been realized., so many of them are going to spend the next four years grousing, complaining, and writing hate-filled blogs about our latest commander-in-chief.
If you are a Christian, you have two options:
1. You can deny your faith and join in the hateful rhetoric. That’s denying my faith? Yes, it is. To embrace Jesus Christ is to embrace His love and grace. Therefore, to live a life devoid of love and grace towards others speaks against the very One you claim to follow.
“Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him” (1 John 3:15).
2. You can pray for and honor President Trump. I don’t mean pray a piano falls on him; pray for himin every right way. Pray with honor toward him. How can I honor him when I think he’s evil and is going to bring us to ruin? You can do it; the apostle Peter did.
“Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor” (1 Pet. 2:17).
I hear what you’re thinking. “Yes, we should honor the office, but I hate this president.” Peter didn’t command us to honor the office of emperor, but to honor the emperor. And don’t think Peter would’ve said something different had he lived under a President Trump.
He lived under the emperor Nero.
- Nero, the ruthless leader who killed his own mother.
- Nero, the man with multiple marriages who brutally kicked one of his wives when she was pregnant.
- Nero, the man who tortured Christians.
- Nero, the man who saw to it that Peter himself was killed.
Yet Peter said “Honor the emperor.”
You’re pretty sharp, so I’m sure you realized that whether you choose the red box or the blue box at the top, you received the same truth from Scripture. The course of action is the same for all of us, regardless of our political leanings.
We are to pray for—and honor— the President, whether it’s President Trump or President Clinton.